RULES OF THE I INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION "CITY OF VIGO". (Zoltán Kocsis edition).
1) The Galician Classical Music Association (AMCG) organizes the I International Piano Competition "City of Vigo", to be held in the auditorium "Martin Códax" of the Superior Conservatory of Vigo (Manuel Olivié street, n.23) from 9th to 12th April, 2017. The contestants must be at the presentation and at the draw, which will be public. The order of performance of the contestants will be maintained in subsequent rounds. In case of not being present at the draw, or impossibility to play on the 9th, the participants should send to our organization previously a sworn declaration or receipt scanned, explaining the reasons, and the organization will decide it that is possible.
The contestants must be at the presentation and at the draw, which will be public. The order of performance of the contestants will be maintained in subsequent rounds. The calendar will be as follows:
- April 8 th at 20:00 - Inagural act and inaugural concert of the competition
- April 9th at 9.30: Reception and draw. First round
- April 10th at 9.30: First round
- April 11th at 9.30: Semifinal
- April 12th at 16.00: Final and ceremony of awards.
2) In the competition can take part pianists of any nationality, WITHOUT age limit.
3) The registration period will finish on 15th March, 2017. Together with requested documents, participants should do the payment (100 euro), to confirm their inscription. However, participants who will register before March 1st,2017, will have a 20% discount on the registration fee. The registered participants must do a transfer to the following account: Asociación de música clásica de Galicia: Bank name: ABANCA/ IBAN ES25 2080 5058 9830 4003 4453/SWIFT-BIC: CAGLESMMXXX, specifying his/her name and surnames together with the transfer.
5) The jury is composed for 6 members of renowned trajectory: Pablo Galdo, Dmitri Bashkirov, Tamás Vásáry, Enrique Bagaría, Miguel Baselga. Their decisions will be published during the competition on the web www.musicaclasicagalicia.com . The Jury is not obliged to award all the prizes if they consider so. Their decisions will be unappealable. The prizes are subject to the corresponding retentions according to the current law.
6) The organization will be allowed to record and broadcast live all the rounds of the contestants, and will have al the the rights over those recordings.
7) In case of translation mistake on the rules of competition, the Spanish translation will be considered as the official one.
8) The Organizing Committee will solve all those situations not written down at the general rules.
9) The registration implies the total acceptance of the rules of the Competition. In case of receiving more than 70 applications of participation, the artistic committee will make a final selection at the end of the registration period, based on the material already sent(it may be required a recording), proceeding to refund the amount of the registration fee to the non-selected participants. A waiting list will be established for unselected contestants, who may be invited to participate if there are casualties of selected contestants.
10) The Competition will have First round, Semifinal and Final.
12) The interpretation of own compositions will not be allowed and nor the interpretation of the same work will be accepted during the different rounds of the competition. All the pieces will be performed by memory.
13) Underage contestants must send a signed and scanned authorization from the parents or legal guardian, assuming any responsability of their participation in it.
14) Practice rooms will be available for the study of participants.
15) We can make the reservation to participants who register in the competition, and they will have a special discount at the hotel (35 euro individual room, and 25 euro double room, breakfast included both). Those who are interested, must tell it to us.
16) To arrive to Vigo, there are 4 international airports close to the city: Vigo, Santiago de Compostela, Porto and Coruña.
17) Official piano of the competition will be a Bösendorfer imperial.
- First round: Performance of a maximum duration of 15 minutes, of one or several works of free choice.
- Semifinal: (maximum 20 participants): Performance of a maximum duration of 20 minutes, of one or several works of free choice.
- Final: (6 participants). Recital of a maximum duration of 45 minutes, of one or several works of free choice.
The Jury may award the following prizes:
- FIRST PRIZE ¨ ZOLTÁN KOCSIS": 3.000 € and diploma. Recital organized by the AMCG and recital in London (England), inside the Concert series of “Beethoven piano Society"
- SECOND PRIZE “GALICIA”: 1.500 € and diploma. Recital organized by the AMCG and full scholarship offered by “EPTA west London”, to take part in masterclass at international academy in London.
- THIRD PRIZE “JUAN MONTES”: 1.000 € and diploma
- PRIZE “ROSA SABATER”: TO THE BEST SPANISH PIANIST: 500 € and diploma
- PRIZE “PEPITO ARRIOLA”: TO THE BEST GALITIAN PIANIST: 200 € and diploma
- PRIZE “CRISÓSTOMO ARRIAGA”: TO THE BEST COMPETITOR UNDER 20 YEARS OLD: 300 € and diploma
- SPECIAL PRIZE OF THE PUBLIC “MARTíN CÓDAX": 200 € and diploma
- "BACH PRIZE¨ TO THE BEST PERFORMER OF A PIECE BY J.S. BACH: 200 € and diploma.
- ¨MARCIAL DEL ADALID PRIZE": TO THE BEST PERFORMER OF A PIECE BY A SPANISH COMPOSER: A piano bench "Hidrau model" valued in 400 euro and diploma
Some of the prizes could be shared and the jury is not obliged to grant all prizes, being their decisions unappealable. The prizes are subject to the corresponding retentions according to the current law. During the Closing Ceremony the winners will collect personally their awards, otherwise the prize may be revoked.
- December 6th till March 15th: Period for registration applications and registration fee.
- April 8th at 20:00 - Inaugural act and inaugural concert of the competition, by Miguel Ituarte
- April 9th: Reception of the contestants and drawing in the auditorium of the Superior Conservatory of music of vigo.
- 9:30 - First Round.
- April 10th: 9:30 - First Round.
- April 11th: 9:30 - Semifinal.
- April 12th: 16:00 - Final- From 21:00 - Jury deliberation and delivery of awards.